Where inner and outer landscapes merge.
Dates and sessions as follows:
(Please note that advanced dates are proposed dates only, confirmations will be made closer)
Instinctive art relates to art as our natural impulse, innate in us since birth. I believe that to create is our most primal instinct. You only need to watch a child who has just learnt how to hold a pencil or crayon and see how they draw with absolute spontaneity, no thinking, no planning – just creating!
THESE CLASSES ARE SUITED TO THOSE WHO ARE:
* Either beginner or experienced artists.
* Wanting to explore the natural world creatively.
* Seeking new ways to express through art.
* Wanting to approach creative work as soul work.
* Wanting to explore mixed media applications.
* Seeking to connect with their creative self.
* Wanting to express and get creative in a safe, supportive and encouraging environment.
* Desiring to connect with their inner world and translate it creatively.
An instinctive, mixed media, process based painting method informed by a close observation of the natural world and of your inner, dream world. Through the merging of these two worlds on canvas a SOULSCAPE ™ is created.
I chose to call Soulscape an Instinctive process as I have found that as I have deepened my artistic practice, not only has it become more and more visceral in that the images I create arise from strong emotion rather than logic or reason, but they are essentially spontaneous and impromptu; born from natural, instinctive creative impulses. I seldom have a plan or even know what it is going to happen on the canvas. Not unlike intuitive methods, it is a process whereby the canvas often informs the artist; the story unfolding layer by layer, mark by mark.
Soulscape however, aims to assist you in creating images that come from developing a deep, intimate relationship with both inner and outer worlds. Soulscape is where earth connection meets creative expression; it is a visual recognition of the interconnectedness of ALL life.
Through a series of instinctive observations and explorations you will bring inner and outer worlds together on the canvas to create a SOULSCAPE ™
"Jassy’s soulscapes awaken an ancient memory of the sacred relationship between human and nature."
Included in these workshops and term sessions:
* Basic instruction on the elements & principles of design.
* Basic instruction in working with mixed mediums such as stencilling & glazing.
* You will be invited to journey inward so that you may access and explore your dream world.
* New ways to ‘see’ and tools to express yourself uniquely.
* Most materials are included – a list of requirements will be sent upon registration.
* Tuition with Artist Jassy at Earth Circle Studios, Innes Park, Queensland.
* An invitation to include completed works in the end of year Art Gala.
The INTENTION of SOULSCAPE ™ is for you to:
* Explore and observe the natural world creatively.
* Journey inward and investigate your dream world.
* Ignite your imagination.
* Recognise art and design element basics.
* Explore mixed media applications.
* Discover unique ways of expressing yourself creatively through a process of personal evolutionary steps and trial and error.
* Merge inner and outer landscapes.
* Unfold and develop story in paint.